What is a Medication Consultation?
The Medication Consultation is a question-and-answer session to review current prescriptions and health conditions and offer health and wellness tips to improve overall health.
Who benefits from Medication Consultation?
If you have multiple questions regarding your prescriptions, it can help you understand your medication regimen through a medication review. When you are being treated for one or more medications, the drugs’ names and uses can get confusing. As a registered pharmacist for over 30 years, I can assist with concerns regarding safety, side effects, drug interactions, brand names versus generics, and health and wellness advice.
Medication Consultation Includes:
- For multiple chronic conditions, complex medication therapies, high prescription costs, and multiple prescribers.
- Review of both prescription and over-the-counter medications
- Identifying uncontrolled hypertension
- Educating patients on cardiovascular disease and type 2 diabetes
- Advising patients on health behaviors and lifestyle modifications for better health outcomes
- 1 hour session